Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Loving Life!!

Hello! It's hard to believe it's the first day of summer today! 
Last week was really hot here in the Sacramento area I think we hit 100 degrees several days! It was good to stay inside and drink ice tea. 

Today I wanted to share a project I made last night. I've had this Burlap Panel from the District Market line for quite some time, a special friend gave it to me and I've been saving it for a special project. So last night was time to get it done. 

I made a paper mask from a piece of 8 1/2" x 11"paper. First fold in in half and then start tearing a heart out of it. If you pretend your back in art class at school I think that makes it easier. 

Position the heart on your canvas. You can tape it down to keep it from moving if you'd like. 

Next I poured out some Snow Cap Dabber Paint and some Malted Milk Dauber paint from the Jenni Bowlin collection. With an Ink Blending tool load the foam up with paint. I pounced the blending tool off on my Craft Sheet several times to even out the paint before painting my heart. 

With a pouncing motion (up and down) apply the paint over the entire heart area. I applied two layers of paint. I love that the paint is a little translusent and you can see through it.

I wanted the edges to fade to the background so i blended the edge carefully using the blending tool. 

Apply Vintaj Patina's directly to your Craft Sheet. I used more Verdigris then Clay This is just the under-layer. 

Pounce the Corners into the Verdigris and Clay paint and let dry for a few seconds. The dryer the layers are in between applications the less will show through from the first layer.

Now ponce into the Agate paint. I like the effect you get. Only a little of the color shows through. Don't forget to do the sides of the corners too. Repeat for all the corners.

 After the paint is completely dry sand the corners with a sanding grip.  

 The little heart is die cut using the Movers and Shapers Mini Heart set from Manilla card stock (you can use a tag). Now spray the heart with Perfect Pearls Mist in Biscotti and Heirloom Gold. Let dry. I put a few layers on to get good coverage.

To paint the word "Life" I smooshed Malted Milk dabber paint into the letters of my Word Stick and then wiped off the excess.

 Using the Alpha Cards i spelled out the word "Love". Distress the edges with a paper distresser and Vintage Photo ink. When I glued the to the panel I used pop dots at the top of my letters and glued them directly to the panel with Multi Medium in matte. 

Die cut two Swirls from the Movers and Shapers Mini Swirl die using a light tan card stock. I used Kraft-core but anything will work. Spray the swirls with Perfect Pearls Mist in Biscotti and Heirloom Gold. Let Dry or dry with Heat-It Tool. Now for the finishing touches. Dye some Crinkle ribbon with Antique Distress Stain, crinkle, dry and tie a bow. I also used some vintage Mother of pearl buttons scattered across the panel. I love that there is still thread in some of the buttons. Using Matte Multi Medium adhere the bow, buttons and Word Stick to your panel. 

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day. 
Take some time to get creative.   

Stop by Inspiration Emporium and see what's new! 
They have the New Summer Seasonal Distress Inks ready to ship!